Barkers Vale Public School is a supportive and active community situated on the scenic plateau of the north coast tablelands. Barkers Vale has luscious, ecologically diverse surroundings which are a distinct feature of the high rainfall; sub-tropical area it resides in, the school itself is located 40 km from Lismore and 55 km from Murwillumbah.
Embedded in the Kyogle Shire, Barkers Vale is a friendly and devoted school community.
Barkers Vale Public School thrives on community input and participation, and each person involved is dedicated to providing the optimum learning experience for the children through unity. Our reputation is founded on delivering quality education, and developing the individual talents, interests and abilities of our students.
The school is positioned at the top of a picturesque valley and values its large playing fields, climbing equipment and park-like grounds. Our students and staff take pleasure in well resourced classrooms and facilities where students learn in a family and community friendly environment.
"Our school strives to be a place where every child can learn and develop the skills to effectively function in and actively contribute to society. We want to encourage & empower people, link our community and develop an environment where every student can succeed, through excellence, innovation and team work... "It's up to us."
Our aim is to provide a vibrant and responsive school that produces well educated citizens with the capability and confidence to succeed in the 21st century.
To honour this commitment we will...
· Ensure that quality teaching and learning are the central focus of every classroom.
· Provide students with the knowledge, understanding, skills and values for productive and rewarding lives.
· Provide an education that values and supports the intellectual, creative, physical, social and emotional development of each child? and their learning style.
· Provide a safe, secure and disciplined quality learning environment.
· Involve parents, caregivers and community in all aspects of their child?'s education.
· Assist students to develop the foundations for a commitment to lifelong learning in preparation for the world of work, leadership, self-discipline, creative output, problem solving and decision making.
In this section, you can find information about our school, such as our P&C (Getting involved), our school's environmental management plan (going green), the school's history and our gallery of images. Please explore and enjoy!
Our beautiful school is nestled in the hills between Kyogle and Nimbin and features extraordinary rooms of rock, timber and glass. Our kindergarten classroom in particular is among the most beautiful and functional in the state. Our Mission is to educate children to accept that if they want a better world... "It's Up To Us". We offer a family atmosphere where tolerance of all children is assumed. Our school is part of a learning community preparing children to meet their future challenges. We have very strong parental input. Barkers Vale has been classified as a Disadvantaged School during 1997-2000.